It’s summer time and it’s season of lychees! Then why not an Eggless Lychee Cake – Soft and Moist Eggless Litchi Cake?
Lychee, also known as ‘Litchi’ or ‘Lichi’, it is a tropical fruit, the main producer of lychee is grown in China and is followed by India and other countries. Trees of lychees are tall and green, although the fruit from outside looks pink or red, then the fruit inside is creamsih or sometimes transparent.
I have been baking quite a few cakes (8 to be exact) in the past few weeks. I guess it’s in popular demand due to the cheery-looking layers of color which kids love to. (like my son).
The cake is straightforward, the same process as any other sponge cake using my eggless vanilla Premix, just add different flavors. Flavouring-wise I went for lychee, was I making a lychee cake today. Actually, I was a little unwilling to use lychee flavoring as it’s an essence and not an extract (essence is basically concocted using chemicals, whereas extract is pure). I also didn’t know it until I was introduced to me.
For the frosting, I used non-dairy cream! The non Dairy cream frosting is extremely easy to make in any season because in this hot summer it’s really tricky to work with Buttercream or ganache.
If I use Buttercream or ganache I can imagine myself dying of panic attacks thinking that my cake is starting to melt the moment I take out of the fridge!
For the decoration, to echo the flavour of the cake, I used canned lychees, and to add some cherries and mint leaves.
Benefits of eating Litchi
- Lychee contains Vitamin C, Vitamin B-complex, and phytonutrient flavonoids, and these are very good for health
- Litchis are a rich source of nutrients that is required for the production of blood. It provides manganese, magnesium, copper, iron, and folate that are required for the formation of RBC.
- Lychee contains a lot of fiber and Vitamin B-complex which increase metabolism fat, protein, and carbohydrate.
- It contains a high amount of antioxidants which is effective to prevent early ageing, this sounds good for the ladies 🙂
- Lychee contains a good amount of potassium, which is required to maintain the sodium level.
- It helps to maintain blood pressure and reduces the risk of stroke and heart attack. Also, it contains minerals like manganese, magnesium, iron, copper, and folate that maintain blood pressure.
- Lychee contains a high amount of dietary fiber which proves the best nutrient that promotes cardiovascular health.
Check out other cakes that I made:
And today! Proudly presenting my eggless Lychee Cake. Yes, I was certainly quite pleased with the result.
Ingredients for Eggless Lychee Cake – Soft and Moist Eggless Lychee Cake
- 5′ Inch vanilla sponge cake made with eggless vanilla cake Premix
- 1 cup non-dairy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp sugar (for syrup)
- 1/2 cup water (for syrup)
- 1/2 cup canned lychee
- 7-8 canned cherries
- 7-8 mint leaves
- Hand mixer
- Cake stand
Did you try this recipe? Click a picture and mention or tag us on @bake_with_Neetu. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel Click here to Subscribe to our YouTube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipe
This Post Has 4 Comments
Pingback: Eggless Ferrero Rocher Cake - Non Dairy Whipped Cream Cake
Pingback: Homemade Cake Flour and Self Raising Flour
Pingback: Eggless Black Forest Cake - Simple Homemade Black Forest Cake
Pingback: How to make Whipping Cream - How to whip Cream