Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is a simple and delicious, homemade carrot cake recipe that anyone can make and everyone will love!
If you are looking for the BEST Carrot Cake Recipe, this is the one! Truly, this legendary scratch carrot cake is my favorite dessert of all time, and it’s the only carrot cake recipe you will ever need.
After countless trials and errors. I am not too fond of cinnamon and omit that but if you like that, feel free to add some to this recipe.
This SIMPLE carrot cake recipe is made with BASIC ingredients that I bet you already have in your kitchen pantry.
I know this cake is usually considered to be an Easter cake or Easter dessert but honestly, it can be enjoyed throughout the year at birthday parties, anniversaries, weddings, and other celebrations. And decorate the cake with cream cheese frosting, with the best homemade cream cheese recipe.
I bet you will never buy cream cheese from outside once you start making it at home, homemade cream cheese recipe. You can make it in no time with less money.
How to make Carrot Cake with Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting video
So why wait for let’s see what ingredients we need for this delicious carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
Ingredients to make carrot cake
2 cups carrots
1 cup sugar
4 eggs/ 1 cup curd or sour cream
2 tbsp Vanilla Essence
1/2 cup oil
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups flour / maida
1 1/2 cups non dairy Whipping cream
3/4 cup homemade cream cheese
1/4 cups castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
Instructions to make a Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
- Take grated carrots in a mixing bowl
- Add sugar and eggs to the carrots and mix well
- Now add 1/2 cup vegetable oil to the carrots mix really wellA
- Add2 tbsp of vanilla Essence and mix
- Next add baking soda and salt and flour one after the other
- Pour the batter in a greased and lined baking pan
- Bake @ preheated 180 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes or untill the toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Allow th Cakes to cool down completely before frosting
- Take Whipping cream in a bowl and whip till soft peaks
- In a separate bowl add cream cheese, castor sugar and vanilla essence and whip to incorporate everything
- Combine cream and cream cheese mixture and frost the cake
To decorate this cake I used my son’s toys and he was super excited about it.
Carrot Cake with Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups carrots
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs/ 1 cup curd or sour cream
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour / maida
- 1 1/2 cups non dairy Whipping cream
- 3/4 cup homemade cream cheese
- 1/4 cups castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence