Spray colours have been a vital part of the cake decorator’s toolbox for many years. They can provide stunning effects to all types of cake coverings including fondant icing. Making homemade Cake Spray | Powder Cake Spray | Colour Splash | Colour Mist is inexpensive and worth making!
Off late I realized was spending a lot of money on these sprays, and thought of giving it a try.
How do I experiment with Cake Spray | Powder Cake Spray | Colour Splash | Colour Mist
First and foremost thing I do is read the ingredients given on the label. I try to understand each and every ingredient. Sometimes the ingredients are not really straight forward and they give codes, I try to decode by googling each code. And yes they only give ingredients used and they never mention the number of ingredients. And that’s where most of us fail. But I keep my experiment on till I achieve 95% of that.
Why do I experiment?
I feel it’s not worth to spend so much on things which we can make at home effortlessly and with simple ingredients.
check out my inexpensive videos that can be made at home
Let’s get back to work
Ingredients to make Powder Cake Spray
Did you ever think the sprays are made with such simple ingredients?
1. Take cornflour in a bowl and add the desired colour
2. Now mix really well and strain to get even Colour and remove any lumps of colour cornflour
3. Bake it at preheated 150 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes
4. Cool down completely
5. Now stain a couple of times to get smooth flowing consistency
Things to keep in mind while making Color Spray:
- You can use any type of colour, it really doesn’t matter. It will give you the same result.
- Make sure you strain before and after baking it to get a smooth powder
- You can use normal sauce bottle and put a muslin cloth. I used the same cap since I did not have a muslin cloth
- You really don’t need different bottles for each colour
- Do not miss to watch the video for step by step instructions