I wanted to bake some healthy muffins for school box for my son. After thinking for a while decided to make these melt in mouth whole wheat almond muffins.
These are tons of muffins recipes on the web and the recipes were for about minimum 12 muffins, I wanted to make a small batch of muffins, so that my son doesn’t get bored eating the same muffins every day. This recipe will make 6 big muffins and 7 small muffins.
Another big challenge for me was to make it eggless because my son’s school do not allow them to carry any Non-Vegetarian food items in the lunch box.
Eggless Whole Wheat Muffins
Every mother want to feed their kids with healthy food to make them healthy and strong. To make this recipe I used whole wheat to make it healthy and used almond flour, because my son does not like to eat whole almonds.
Benefits of Whole Wheat:
Whole wheat is always considered healthy when compared to the refined flour as it has lot of nutritional value when compared to the refined flour. I have listed few of the nutritional values here just for some
- Whole grains contains lot of fiber, which helps in digestion and make you feel full for longer period. Adults need 25 to 35 grams of fiber per day and whole grains contains both soluble and insoluble fiber, which are both beneficial for health.
- Helps in maintaining cholesterol and maintaining blood pressure .
- Most interesting fact about whole wheat is it helps in maintaining the weight.
Benefits of Almonds:
- Almonds are rich in anti oxidants and help you age better.
- They are rich source of vitamin E
- Almonds helps us in controlling blood sugar
These are tons of benefits of almonds and whole wheat to write, but I don’t want to bore you all with my thoughts therefore we will directly jump to our recipe.
Whole Wheat Almond Muffins:
Before moving on to our next recipe, do check out other muffin recipes
- Almond cake
- cake Decoration
- carrot cake
- cheese cake
- chicken recipes
- cupcakes eggless cupcakes
- Diabetic Cake
- Dry Fruits
- eggless cupcakes
- Fruit Cake
- gluten free
- Ice cream
- No Bake
- Plum Cake
- Poke cake
- pound cake
- puff pastry
- Rainbow cake
- red velvet
- Sour Cream
- Sugar Free
- tea time cake
- Valentine's day
- whole wheat
Eggless Almond Muffins Recipe:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tbsp sugar (you can add 1 or 2 tbsp more if you like)
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup milk at room temperature
- few drops saffron essence/ vanilla essence
- Few sliced almonds
Step by step instructions to make these amazing whole wheat almond muffins
- Pre heat the oven at 170 degrees Celsius
- In a bowl add butter, sugar, condensed milk and baking soda and whisk. You need to whisk till sugar combines well.
- Now add almond flour, whole wheat flour, milk and essence it and whisk till the dry ingredients are mixed well with wet.
- Now add the sliced almonds and give it a stir.
- Line the muffins tray with the cupcake liners and fill the liners with 3/4th batter.
- Sprinkle some sliced almonds before putting the muffins tray in the oven to bake
- Bake the muffins at 170 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or till the muffins are cooks completely.
- Before removing the muffins from the over, do not forget to do the toothpick test.
- Let the muffins cool down before you serve.
I would suggest you to watch the video to follow the instructions.