Bakers do manage to have a list of ‘must-have’ recipes they want to bake for Christmas. For me, I always like to Eggless no soak Christmas Fruit Cake – No Alcohol Christmas Fruit Cake. I just love the combination of nuts and dried and candied fruits with barely enough cake batter to hold it all together.
This year I wanted to try some no soak eggless Christmas fruit cake, which should not only be an eggless Christmas cake but should also taste like the original Christmas cake. Though I have 3 different versions of Christmas cake recipes on My YouTube channel, for which I soaked the fruits and nuts in orange juice, I wanted to try and experiment without soaking the fruits and nuts this time.
Few more versions of No alcohol Christmas cake
And here I come with this amazing recipe. Which is soft inside and little crusty outside. I am such a big fan of these fruit cake, that I still buy these plum or fruit and nut cake in non-season as well, but the ones I buy has egg in it. As I said earlier I baked fruit cakes last year as well but until this November I didn’t know the bakery guys add the caramel flavor to get this perfect caramel colour. I kept this caramal flavor optional because it comes in 1 liter bottle.
Ingredients of Eggless Christmas cake – Eggless no soak Christmas Fruit Cake – No Alcohol Christmas Cake
- Brown Sugar – 120 grams
- Unsalted butter (Room temperature)- 120 grams
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Maida/ flour – 125g
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry ginger Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Orange Juice – 1/3 cup
- Mixed Fruits and Nuts of your choice -250 grams
Instructions to make Christmas fruit cake:
- Add brown sugar and butter to a bowl and whisk for 5 minutes
- Now add vanilla essence and caramel and whisk for another 3 minutes
- Add 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp baking soda While whisking and pinch of salt as well
- Now add 1/3 cup of orange juice ( after you add orange juice you see some difference in the butter mixture, don’t worry it’s perfectly fine
- Remove 2 tbsp of flour and add it 250 grams of fruits and nuts and mix. This way the fruits and nuts will not sink to the Bottom of the cake
- Now add rest of the flour to the wet ingredients and mix well with a spoon
- Whisk the mixture for about 2 minutes
- Finally add the fruits and nuts to flour and butter mixture
- Pour the batter in a greased and lined 7′ baking pan and bake @ pre heated 180 degrees Celsius for 30-40 minutes (do a toothpick test before you remove the cake from the oven)
- Let it cool down in the pan for about 1 hour
- Demould it and cut in desired size pieces
I really enjoyed making this cake because this was so simple and tasted heavenly. I suggest you try once and let me know your reviews on this.
- You can either take dark brown sugar or light brown or derma sugar as well but the Barker the sugar the better the comes out for this eggless no soak Christmas cake
- It is completely optional to use the caramel flavor in this recipe, I used this to show how bakeries get the perfect brown colour everytime
- Fruits and nuts I used in these recipes are golden raisins, balck raisins, cashews, almonds,tuty fruity, candid orange peel, walnuts. You and use any candid fruits and nuts of your choice. And you may also increase or decrease the amount according to your preference
- Baking time varies from oven to oven. So please do a toothpick test before you remove the cake from the oven